Discussion 1 1 PAGE
Organizations (companies) do not exist in isolation. Diverse organizational structures, such as purpose or context, are established for both the formal and informal flow of communication in organizations.
Think about an organization (workplace, social, or professional) that you belong to.
- Identify the type of organization.
- Explain the use of informal and formal communication structures in the organization.
- Describe how both informal and formal methods of communication are used. Explain with specific examples using the articles in the reading to support points.
Discussion 2 1 PAGE
- Explain the maintenance needs for an organization in which you are a member (as discussed in the assigned article reading).
- Does your organization focus on task/ output orientation or does it take into consideration maintenance needs? Explain with specific examples from your organization and support your points with material from the article.