1. Create a virtual machine
Virtualization creates a safe sandbox for you to experiment with the various security tools that will be used in the class.
Create a new Virtual Machine VM.
Install Kali Linux in the new Virtual Machine (use default settings).
Refer to the Kali Linux website located in the topic Resources for additional resources.
As you go, take instructional notes and screenshots that will help to reproduce your process.
Document the installation process using the “Report Template,” located in the Class Resources.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
**Plagiarism is checked for both**
2. Personal Data search.
Virtualization creates a safe sandbox for you to experiment with the various security tools that will be used in the class.Effective research is critical for success in the cybersecurity field.
1. Perform a data search of yourself or a family member. Use the PeekYou website located in the required readings or a similar free site.
2. Become familiar with the current cybersecurity vocabulary utilized by federal agencies such as the NSA, CISA, NIST, NCSD, etc.
In a 500–750-word report, describe:
1. Findings of your personal data search: Use screen captures and step-by-step instructions to document your findings.
2. The common security threats that can affect your digital footprint. Describe several potential system attacks and the actors that might perform them.
3. Provide a brief definition of the following terms: cyber operations, cybercrime, cyberlaw, cyber threats, risk analysis, cyber-attack/breach, threat mitigation, and disaster recovery.
4. The legal and ethical issues concerning “cyberstalking.” In cyberspace, people can act in ways they normally would not if their physical presence were required. For example, school bullying used to be over when a victim transfers to another school, but with cyberstalking, a victim is forever a victim, sometimes resulting in the victim’s suicide because of cyberstalking. Propose legal regulations to combat cyberstalking. Discuss your proposed regulations from a Christian worldview.
5. How to use the “defense against attacks” theory to protect your digital identity. Make sure to include a description of several cyber defense tools/measures, methods, and components that can help repel attacks.