PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT. COMPANY TO WORK ON IS DTV COMPANY.
For you final project assignment, you will assemble your CCO Executive Portfolio and create a PowerPoint presentation to position yourself as a candidate for the position of CCO in your organization. Below are detailed instructions for completing this two-part assignment (Assignment 8.1):
Part I: Assembling your Executive Portfolio with CCO Job Description
1. Review each of your project assignments and refine any that need polishing. Pay particular attention to the job description you created in Assignment 1.2.
2. Combine all assignments completed thus far in one portfolio file and title it with your last name followed by “BC606 CCO Executive Portfolio.” Consider that the quality of this portfolio should be high enough to be presented to your own organization’s leadership team or that of an organization you would like to join in the near future.
3. Update your Assignment 1.2: Chief Customer Officer Job Description, according to the knowledge you have gained now that the course is nearly complete.
a. If you are applying to an actual position, be sure to include that position description in the refined assignment. Notify your professor if you are applying for the position so that your professor can provide helpful coaching or point you to some helpful resources.
4. Create an introduction to the portfolio addressed to the executives to introduce them to its contents. Present yourself as the ideal candidate to occupy the position that you will describe in the report, given the evidence you have included of your own capabilities.
5. Compose a few paragraphs toward the end of your executive portfolio that address each stakeholder outside your organization. How could you increase your credibility with each of them? Does a customer focus affect them and, if so, how?
6. End with a summarizing conclusion, restating the need for the position and your capabilities to occupy it. Check to ensure your portfolio appears professional and its pages are numbered for coordination with your presentation.
Part II: Composing your Presentation
1. Compose an eight- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, offering yourself as CCO according to the job description you formulated in Part I.
2. Your slide set should include an introduction to a customer-centered organization, its benefits and its impact upon processes.
a. In the notes section of the slides, write exactly what you will say to leaders to accompany each slide. Refer to page numbers in your executive portfolio for items mentioned in the presentation.
b. Identify how you will meet each skill set listed on your job description.
c. Emphasize any soft skills (communication, working with employees, motivating and influencing people, etc.) you believe you will contribute and why they are important.
d. Finish your slide presentation with a summary of the value you will contribute to the organization as CCO.
1. Assignment 8.1: Project—CCO Executive Portfolio and Presentation dtv
In this assignment, you will assemble your CCO Executive Portfolio and create a PowerPoint presentation to position yourself as a candidate for the position of CCO in your organization.
1. Follow the instructions in Theme 2 for completing Part I: Assembling your Executive Portfolio with CCO Job Description.
2. Follow the instructions in Theme 2 for completing
Assignment 8.2: Discussion—Reflection on the Course
In this assignment, you will reflect upon the content of the course and how the description of yourself as CCO has added to the value to your career.
1. Identify two or three ways that the course has contributed to your own professional development.
2. Can you see yourself as CCO or another leadership position dealing with customers? If so, why? If not, why?
3. Comment on the postings of your peers, adding your comments and reflections on their statements. Respond to their comments on your posting.