After reading Bring Back the Bureaucrats: Why More Federal Workers Will Lead to Better (and Smaller!) Government, you will write a 3–5-page review
Book Review Assignment Instructions
“Leviathan by Proxy” is a phrase John DiIulio uses to describe a “derangement of our constitutional system.” Sound analysis of Congress today requires more than a Schoolhouse Rock description of “How a Bill Becomes a Law.” As written, Art. I of the Constitution vested limited powers in Congress but today it seems that nothing is beyond the reach of Congress, including the future productivity of the United States as seen in the exploding national debt. Through the book review you’ll study DiIulio’s description of badly administered government and his recommendations.
After reading Bring Back the Bureaucrats: Why More Federal Workers Will Lead to Better (and Smaller!) Government, you will write a 3–5-page review summarizing and evaluating the book. In your review, you must include the following sections:
· Place the book in a public policy context and state your thesis, the main point of the review, in your introduction.
· Comprehensively summarize the content and include material relevant to your critique and personal response.
· Directly reference and quote DiIulio; however, avoid long quotations. Identify key terms and facts.
· Address the political problem representatives face in the public’s expectations
· Include the recommendations and DiIulio’s response to his critics.
· Support your thesis.
· Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the book.
· Personal Response
You must include a biblical or philosophical standard of constitutional government in your analysis.
You must compose this review according to current APA format. Include complete citations of the book and any additional sources. A minimum of 2 additional scholarly sources must be cited in current APA format. A title page and bibliography page are required, but they do not count toward the required length of the assignment.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.